Holyoke Canoe Club Boater Information
- Kevin Kleszcynski: 413-575-7038
- Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 18 yrs of age.
- Children under 17 years of age are permitted to operate a boat as long as the operator of the vessel is legally qualified to do so under Mass General Law.(see http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dle/323cmr20.pdf for specific guidelines regarding Massachusetts vessel operation laws for ages 12-16).
- There is no swimming in the dock areas or diving/jumping off Canoe Club docks.
- All boats, no matter length or style are to only use marine specific dock bumpers and boat fenders. Items such as carpet rolls, tires, fire hose material or home made items etc. are not to be fastened to docks or used as bumpers. The Dock Master will determine and notify the boat owners of any changes in equipment that need to be made.
- Each boat slip shall have two cleats and is the responsibility of the boater occupying the slip. Cleats shall be of a size suitable for the boat they are holding and should be properly installed ensuring a secure hold. Eye hooks, quick clamps, or dock rings shall not be installed on the docks. The Dock Master will determine and notify the boat owners of any changes in equipment that need to be made. Boater and vessel safety will be number one priority.
- Boaters shall not be tying to other boater cleats or boats, nor should any boat be tied to docking hardware such as braces, or to the dock itself. All dock lines should be rolled and set aside to avoid a trip hazard. (See #5)
- No fuel or refueling on the docks please.
- Boat slips are not to be traded, sold, leased or used as “guest” slips unless approved by the Dock Master.
- Boats that are not running may pose a hazard/nuisance to other boaters or the environment. If the boater anticipates the repair to be more than one week he/she must report this to the Dock Master.
- Please report any bumps/dings directly to the boat owner or the very minimum, the Dock Master.
- Please do not board any boat without owner consent and please report any suspicious persons to a club employee immediately.
The guidelines set forth are to ensure an environment free from nuisances and most importantly dock safety. Anyone considered to be at odds with the above guidelines may be asked at the minimum to correct the situation immediately. Continuous or more serious violations may result in more strict actions including the request to remove the offending boat from club docks. Boaters asked to leave due to dock violations may not be entitled to refunds. Refunds will be decided upon by the executive board. Feel free to contact the Dock Master with any questions, concerns, or suggestions you may have. Please be aware of our No Wake Zones and have a great boating season!!